Saturday, October 31, 2015

Boise final moments hello San Diego!

We have slept here for 2 weeks. This is the final morning we will wake here and we are so sad about it. 
We woke up and got ready to head back to San Diego. This is the earliest I have seen the girls awake. It's still dark outside. We are airport bound. 
It was pretty cold out so we warmed Lexie's head with a gift from Nicole. 
The girls love being with her and they can calm her pretty easily with just a little finger to suck on. 
I'm amazed at how close the freeway is to the airport. Such an awe moment. 
We have loved our time in Boise. 
We will miss the whole Warren clan but this one is the new favorite. 
I gave her so many kisses and totally left my mark on her.
And we are off..made it through security and I am really enjoying my travel buddies. I cried a little watching Nani walk away. I was sad to go. 
We boarded the plane and took off to Oakland bound with a final stop in San Diego. The view is incredible but boy do our ears hurt. 
Watching The girls ooh and ahh about the view makes my heart happy. 
It was a quick trip to Oakland and with a 20 minute layover we didn't see much. Although I did for a split second think we missed our plane since my phone was still on Boise time. Good thing we figured it out ha! 
We boarded with no problems. We actually loved the walk to the plane. I could see the excitement in the girls. 
Again the views are amazing from the plane. 
My view next to me is even better.
We finally made it to San Diego! Boy is it HOT here. 
Our car windows said "welcome home beauty and the beasts"...ha! Loved it. 
When we got off the plane I got a text from Xandi that said Lexie was dreaming about us. 😍
We were starving and the one thing we missed in Boise was Mexican food. So we satisfied the craving. ;) 
I have realized that having conflict in a marriage is hard. Being away during conflict makes the recovery time more difficult. Being together doesn't fix things but it sure helps the feelings of love flow a bit easier. I do love that during our naps Rodd will reach over to make sure I'm still there. Or so I wanna believe that's why :)
Well we took a nap and then it was time to take on the Halloween adventure. It is Halloween today even though it seemed like a lazy day. Having a much more mellow Halloween is a bit different but WAY more fun. 
The kids got some candy. We got chipotle for dinner. Stopped at baskin Robbins for their Halloween deal. It was a very awesome night. I have missed Gabe so much! 
Gabe went his own way to party with friends. :/ they grow up fast. 
We decided to go surprise grandma and grandpa and do some trick or treating in their neighborhood but alas no one was home. Boo!!! Oh well we got some
Candy out of it.
We ended the night with Gabe running out of Gas and having to call AAA. Haha! So many life lessons being taught under this roof. 
I spent many hours organizing my closet. Because in Boise at 1am when I couldn't sleep I was researching organization ideas. And then I had an epiphany. This is the result. 
Seriously I'm so proud of my work. 
Totally patting my own back here. Well, I sure hope all my family is safe and had a great Halloween adventure of their own.