Sunday, November 01, 2015

Wild Sunday

What happens on Sunday stays on Sunday. No really it was a pretty good day overall. I don't have much to complain about. We started with cleaning up the outside living room. It's going to rain this week and well it needed to get done. I got this and then donated them back. Story of my life, I get a great idea and then I just couldn't follow through. This was suppose to be our floor while tent camping but since I got it we never went tent camping. 
Elly had a day of the dead event at the Escondido girls scout cabin. 
She learned a lot about the holiday as you can see her face was painted as well. 
She has a pretty good troop with amazing families. We are stoked to be a part of it. 
She was very excited about her skull made of sugar. 
She woke up early and with the daylight savings time change it was even earlier this morning. So it totally explains why she immediately fell asleep once she slowed down. 
Her hard work paid off though. She got this beauty of a patch to put on her new brownie vest. 
But I think she mostly loved being with her besties. 
At home I never get any peace in the bathroom. I mean when they were younger they were in there with me and if I locked the door they were yelling at me through the door. Well actually that last part hasn't changed but it does make me smile when I see this. 
We ended the night with some pumpkin carving. We are doing everything late this holiday season but we are doing it. Gabe and Analise were grossed out by the slimy feeling of cleaning out a pumpkin. As if they have never done it before. 
Gabe took on a very intricate design. 
They turned out great..if I don't say so myself I'm sure you will all think the same way..these are AWe-Some
Even better in the dark! 
And Gabe did an amazing job! He worked hard to accomplish it and it totally worked out. 
The girls have a mystery history report tomorrow at school since they missed out on the assembly during our time in Idaho. So we had a late night finishing up those reports. Totally the reason why I homeschool, I hate deadlines but this was a fun one. Tomorrow they get to dress up as their character and describe themselves while others try and guess who they are. 
Another day, another adventure!