Monday, November 02, 2015

Late nights make for hard mornings

Well the girls are up and off to school today. They struggled getting up that's for sure. They stayed up pretty late finishing their mystery history report for school today. I did Analise's hair just like her character. 

Elly dresses for her character as well. I'm pretty impressed with what they came up with. This definitely wasn't a mommy project. It was all them, except I did perfect Elly's a little bit. :) 
After dropping them off I went on a hike with a friend (Sindy) and brought the dogs since they haven't really been out in the great outdoors since I left for Boise. 
Yup we walked past the duck pond and I couldn't keep this dog out of the water. 
3 times she got in swam around and drank the water. What a bad kitty dog! Now she smells bad and needs a bath. Tomorrow is her bath day. Makes you wanna cuddle with her right? 
It's Monday which means Rodd and I have a standing date with Gabe. I actually had a blast talking to him and putting aside all the cares in the world and making him a priority. I really do love that kid. Even though he is struggling with some stuff right now I can see the strength in him. I'm super proud of him. 
I went home after lunch for a brief moment and stopped and had a thought of where on earth did my day go. I feel so Unaccomplished today and that's never a good feeling. I went to the girls school to be a good mommy and watch them give their presentations to their classes. 
I hadn't heard or helped Analise with hers at all so it was very nice to see and hear her wonderful description of her character. She was nervous but did very well. Her hard work paid off. Sybil Ludington gave her a standing ovation in heaven, I'm sure of it! 
Then it was off to Elly's class for her presentation. 
Well she definitely looks like a soccer player. Thinking her character is pretty obvious. If you know my girls then you should know that Alex Morgan is a role model to them. 
We had a Girl Scout meeting where the girls were due to finish up their day of the dead patch. 
They got Marigold flowers which smell so very strong and are used to help the dead find their way back home. 
Mama Angie walked the girls through the process of making an altar to honor a past loved one. 
It was pretty amazing to listen to Elly honor my mom on that altar. It was a tearful moment for sure. We forgot her photo so we are thankful for technology and a quick Analise with a photo text. You rock my favorite 11 year old. 
They colored a mask for día de los muertos. 
Did their scout circle to end the meeting. 
And learned the brownie smile song. Which I actually knew. Maybe I was a good Girl Scout after all. 
When we got home she honored my mom some more. 
And even made her an altar at home for us to remember her by. Making this a very sad night as I reflected on how much I miss having a mom to call on when I struggle in life. There is something to hearing a mom say your amazing and it will be okay. 
She put out water to help her with her long journey and gave her bread to eat. Even put out a book since she loves to read so much and honored her with a classic Elly style love note. It makes my heart happy to see how much compassion this girl has. Every family needs an Elly to entertain and brighten their days. 

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures like no other. New adventures await the de Guzman clan.