Sunday, March 13, 2016

Some days just have to be blogged

It's Sunday! Most importantly it's spring forward which means I will need a week to adjust to that schedule. Seriously!...a whole week.
The day started with Rodd next to me in bed. Those are my favorite days. He didn't leave for work or soccer. I got some good cuddle time ;) love that crazy man more today then ever! 
Elly had her very first sleepover. She was so excited. Plus they were so stinking adorable. I smiled a lot over the last 24 hours. I woke up to them playing board games on the bed. Not to mention all the videos they made last night about different various topics. I see a you tube channel in their future.
It was Dani's birthday today so that brought in the wonderful idea of having an all girl afternoon tea. 
We dressed up grabbed some big hats and off we went to the westgate hotel in downtown San Diego.
We were definitely starting to enjoy our time together. It was an adventure for sure.
Nothing made my day more then the beauty and peace that was in front of me. I walked in starving and walked out full of water, tea and snacks.
There were three courses and here are the first two. The third course got packaged up to go home. Way too many sweets for my tummy that needed some real food.
It was a fun day, full of laughter and stories. This woman turned 49! Wow! Doesn't she look amazing for her age. Thank goodness she gave us something to celebrate.
She got showered with lots of love.
There was a woman who was playing the harp beautifully and she played and sang happy birthday while Dani was being served her dessert with a candle. It was pretty cool to watch.
I have to say the hotel was pretty fancy schmancy. They had some amazing flowers displayed that caught my eye not to mention all the chandeliers.
Our server was amazing and he really played along with our antics and joked around with us...well mostly Tess ha! She asked him if men ever come in here for tea and he responded with I'm here! oh my, insert foot into mouth.
Tess was very demanding. Like I don't eat goat cheese, I can't have milk etc..take my picture! No more pictures ha! I kid you not.
And more pictures! The real question is what do you do with all these pictures?
At one point she went to the bathroom and he moved her chair across the room. Dzen and I laughed so hard when we figured it out. He was having fun with us for sure. It made the experience  just that more enjoyable. He even told Tess, I swear, "I can do things your husband can't." Yup it got real hot up in that room. Whoo hoo! It's always a party with these ladies. 
We headed back to Dzen's house after dropping off Cez at her house. Boy did I have to pee at that pit stop. There I got this amazing necklace, for my birthday! Which is hard to see but its a pink heart with angel wings and a halo. So pretty! I absolutely adore..Thanks!
Tess took a turn in the massage chair and this is what she looked like for like EVER! ha!
Well at least until she realized she didn't have a picture with Dani. Boy was that a disaster moment. First picture of them didn't show their shoes, then the 2nd picture had a fruit bowl coming out of Dani's head (which is kinda ironic) and the 3rd well you be the judge. 
All in all it was a great day and night. I came home to the kids setting off fireworks and Elly having a horrible allergic reaction to life in general.
Who knows what that girl is allergic too! This Friday we will finally see an allergist. I can't wait. My favorite part was watching Rodd and Analise make a school project together.
She had to make a mini version of a Rhode Island colonial home. They had this bright idea to make it edible. Their glue was marshmallows and butter and their walls were graham crackers. Yummy! right? Chocolate paint and coconut snow. This was done in true deGuzman style. 
Yup that's my girl growing up. Off to enjoy some tea before I close out my night. Good night world, I hope tomorrow is just as fun. ❤️